2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019)
Weekly Update #37 – August 4, 2020
Natural Disasters, Severe Weather and COVID-19
As we begin another new month, it’s important to note that August and September are the peak hurricane season for the east coast. In addition to staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important to also prep and prepare for hurricanes and other natural disasters at this time. Make a plan and stay safe!
Learn more below:
• CDC – Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
• Hurricanes and COVID-19
• Public Disaster Shelters and COVID-19
• COVID-19 Resources for Emergency Workers
• NJ Office of Emergency Management
Staying Safe at Gatherings
With warm weather, numerous celebrations and people leaving the house it is common to see people gathering. However, New Jersey is seeing an increase in cases associated with indoor house parties and other indoor gatherings. Please remember:
• Indoor Gatherings: May be held as long as they comply on the limits of indoor gatherings – 25 people or 25% of a room’s capacity.
• Outdoor Gatherings: May be held so long as they comply with the limits on outdoor gatherings which limits events to 500 people at one time.
Other Tips to Stay Safe:
• Wear a face covering when physical distancing is not possible.
• Remind guests to stay home if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have recently traveled to an area with high COVID-19 infection rates.
• Have hand sanitizer available for guests.
• Limit the amount of people serving or handling food so that multiple people aren’t handling serving utensils.
• Remind guests to wash hands as often as possible – especially before and after eating.
• Use single-use hand towels or paper towels to dry your hands.
• Consider keeping a list of guests who attended for potential future contact tracing needs.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE