2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019)
Update #23 – May 11, 2020
Mental Health Spotlight:
2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
2NDFLOOR is a confidential and anonymous helpline for New Jersey’s Youth and Young Adults. If you are between the ages of 10 and 24, live in New Jersey, and need to talk about an issue or problem you are facing, call 888-222-2228 or text 888-222-2228.
Visit https://www.2ndfloor.org/ and https://youtu.be/MuuaYGgMCyA to learn more about how 2NDFLOOR is helping New Jersey’s Youth during COVID-19.
Recommendations at Home:
COVID-19 Positive or Suspected Positive
• Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily in household common areas (e.g. table, hardbacked chairs, doorknobs, light switched, etc).
• As much as possible the ill person should stay in a specific room away from other people.
• If a separate bathroom is not available, the caregiver should wait as long as practical after use by the ill person to clean and disinfect.
• If a member of a household tests positive, others in the home should self-isolate in
another part of the home* (if symptomatic) or self-quarantine at home for 14 days AFTER any sick person in the home’s selfisolation period ends (if asymptomatic). If an asymptomatic person becomes ill, they should follow instructions for self-isolation.
• *A symptomatic person must self-isolate until 3 full days (or 72 hours have passed) since you had a fever without the use of fever reducing medications AND other symptoms have improved AND 10 days have passed since symptoms first started.
• For more information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces click here.
TO CONTINUE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE